Boudin blanc with wild mushrooms
Boudin Blanc with Wild Mushrooms
- 8 x1cm slices boudin Blanc
- 20g butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 100g wild mushrooms, chopped if large
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 80ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and cook the onion over a low heat until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms and stir well. Allow to cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until the juices from the mushrooms begin to run. Meanwhile fry or grill the boudin Blanc.
- Stir in the wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat slightly. Stir well. The mixture should be simmering.
- Stir in the parsley and cream. Turn off the heat.
- Place the boudin Blanc on serving plates and pour over the mushroom mixture.
City Cottage http://www.citycottage.co.uk/