Leek and Gammon Bake
Leek and Gammon Bake Serves 4
2 tbsp olive oil
2 unsmoked gammon steaks, chopped
2 rashers of back bacon
3 medium leeks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced 200g grated cheddar
6 tbsp double cream
1. Fry the gammon, bacon, leek and garlic in the oil very gently until all the juices run. Remove from the heat.
2. Stir in black pepper, parsley and thyme.
3. Butter and oven proof dish and place a thin layer of the potatoes over the base.
4. Spoon some of the leek mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with a little cheese.
5. Continue to layer like this finishing with potatoes and a good sprinkling of cheese.
6. Spoon the cream over the top and add a little more black pepper.
7. Bake at 180C/ gas mark 4 for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are tender and golden on the top.