Quick Chocolate Delights
So easy to prepare and luxurious to eat. Serves 2
250ml evaporated milk
50g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 rounded tsp brown sugar, add a little more if you prefer it sweeter 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
1. Butter 2 ramekin dishes and preheat the oven to 150C / gas 2.
2. Pour the milk into heat resistant bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients and stand the bowl in hot water until the chocolate melts. Stir
gently from time to time.
4. When the chocolate has melted lift the bowl out of the hot water ad whisk on a low speed for a
5. Pour the mixture into the ramekins and place them in a small roasting pan or dish.
6. Pour hot water around them until it reaches about a centimetre up the dishes.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until just set.
8. Allow to cool the place in the fridge for an hour before serving.
. add a couple of tsp brandy or rum to the whisking mixture
. add some dried fruit to the bottom of the ramekins before pouring in chocolate mixture.
. add the grated zest of a large orange to the whisking mixture.
Top wth some dark or white chocolate ganache when cool and chill well to set the ganache