Lemon, ginger and marrow jam
- 2.5 kg marrows
- 300 g crystal ginger
- 2.5 kg sugar
- 200 ml water
- Add water to the peeled marrows and boil. Mash to a pulp.
- Add the juice and pulp of the lemons, lemon zest and ginger.
- Bring to the boil, stirring in the sugar.
- Test for set and bottle accordingly in sterile jars.
This is a wonderful dish, based on Basque cooking, where the basic colours are red, green and white. A really tasty... moreRead More
News and Events
- Grow your own vegetables in pots and containers
Grow your own vegetables in pots and containers
- Bubbles, Bathbombs and other bathtime treats
This book takes the reader through the art of making glycerine soaps, and then other ...
- Cooking Britain
Iconic traditional recipes from the British Isles
Diana Peacock takes you through the regions of Britain ...
- A Good Life
This book was originally published by The Good Life Press, and has been re-edited. “A ...
- Patio Produce
How to cultivate a lot of home-grown vegetables from the smallest possible space. When space ...
- The Allotment Manual
NEW IN PAPERBACK. This manual is essential for the budding or experienced allotment owner. Along ...
- The Urban Hen
This book shows you how to: find the best poultry for the small garden and ...