Fruit Bun Loaf
Fruit Bun Loaf is a delicious and easy loaf to make, all you need is a little butter and build yourself up!
400g strong white flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 X 7g sachet dried fast action yeast
50-80 g golden caster sugar or soft brown sugar, the amount depends on your taste
150g raisins or mixed dried fruit
1 large egg
Zest of a lemon
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
50g melted butter
220ml warm milk
Grease a loaf tin or a baking sheet
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and yeast.
2. Stir in the fruit
3. Make a well in the centre.
4. Beat the egg with the zest and pour into the centre of the dr ingredients.
5. Add the butter and milk and mix well with metal spoon.
6. Keep mixing the dough until well combined.
7. Knead for10 minutes.
8. Either place through in the tin or divide into two rounds and place on the baking sheet.
9. Leave to prove for about 50 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 220C/ gas 7/425F
11. Bake the loaf/loaves for 35-40 mins for a full loaf or 20-25 mins for two smaller ones. Reduce
the heat to 200C / gas 6/425F after 10 minutes.
12. When they’re cooked remove from tin and place on a cooling rack.
People who dig their plots say that it is because the process aerates, provides drainage, allows weeds to be removed easily and produces a crumbly texture for seeds to grow in The fruit bun loaf is lovely with butter, just what you need for afternoon tea.You can grow The fruit bun loaf is lovely with butter, just what you need for afternoon tea. almost anywhere, in pots, in beds and almost anywhere in the garden. If you have no room for onions, try shallots.